Chere Driver, Resident CAG Member
Dr. Marilyn Howarth, Expert Resource CAG Member
Health, Safety and Communications (HS&C) Working Group
The Health, Safety and Communications Working Group serves as the primary working group to assist the Leadership Team in designing and implementing approaches to address a wide range of communication needs of the CAG – both internal communications with CAG members, and external communications with partner agencies, and other stakeholders interested in and affected by the LDCA Superfund Site remediation.
Goals of the HS & C Working Group include:
Assist the CAG Leadership Team by designing plans and approaches to address issues of interest or potential concern, regarding the LDCA Superfund site, through a robust program or communication, outreach and information to both CAG members and the broader Eastwick community. Examples include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Assist the CAG Leadership Team to provide members with up-to-date, timely, and easy-to-understand information about all ELDCA CAG activities, as well as communications with US EPA and other partner agencies regarding activities at the LDCA site.
- Assist the CAG Leadership Team by designing plans and approaches to enhance the environmental health literacy, or understanding, of the CAG membership, and the broader Eastwick community, regarding all aspects of the LDCA site cleanup, including important health and safety issues of interest or potential concern.
- Assist the CAG Leadership Team by designing plans to circulate or distribute site-related information provided by EPA, other partner agencies, expert resource members, and other parties deemed appropriate by the LT, related to activities at the LDCA site.
- Provide focused input to US EPA (and other partner agencies) as requested on key issues and topics associated with site remediation, including, but not limited to , health and safety issues specifically related to the redemption of the LDCA site.
- Assist the Leadership Team to create and maintain appropriate avenues and vehicles (above and beyond CAG monthly meetings) for CAG members to express their views and raise questions about LDCA site activities in a non-confrontational environment where opinions can be presented and discussed.
- Assist the Leadership Team to implement specific activities (above and beyond CAG meetings) designed to provide members of the broader Eastwick community to chance to learn about what is happening at the site in a timely manner; and to ask questions of, and provide input to, the ELDCA CAG, EPA or other partner agencies regarding activities at the LDCA site.